Centre of the Cell relies on external support to maintain and enhance its activities. There are a number of ways in which companies, charities and individuals can support Centre of the Cell’s work.
Sponsoring Pod Sessions
Each Pod session costs £475 to run, but we only charge our visitors £170.
Sponsors are able to support individual or multiple Pod sessions, which will allow us to provide sessions to the widest possible audience, regardless of financial constraints.
- £35,000 would sponsor 100 Pod sessions — approximately one-third of our annual total
- £3,500 would sponsor 10 Pod sessions
- £350 would sponsor one Pod session
We would be delighted to discuss these or alternative sponsorship packages with interested parties and how your support can be recognised.
Sponsoring Outreach Sessions
Outreach workshops and shows enrich the science curriculum. The majority of our sessions are delivered in the east London boroughs of Tower Hamlets and Newham. Sponsorship of these outreach sessions, allow us to provide outreach to the widest possible audience, regardless of financial constraints.
- £12,000 would sponsor 100 outreach sessions for the most deserving schools who would otherwise be unable to take part for financial reasons
- £1,200 would sponsor 10 outreach sessions
Youth Membership Scheme
£35,000 would fund Centre of the Cell’s Youth Membership Scheme for a year, providing young people aged 14–19 from deprived areas with:
- access to internship, volunteering and hospital placement opportunities
- careers advice
- the chance to meet scientists and healthcare professionals
- mentoring sessions on university applications
- revision and exam preparation