We’re based at the Blizard Institute at Queen Mary University of London in Whitechapel.
On this page you’ll find a map, some information about travelling to us by car or public transport, and accessibility and facilities at the Centre.
The nearest train and underground station is Whitechapel. We are also close to Shadwell DLR station.
Directions from Whitechapel station
- After exiting Whitechapel Underground Station, walk up Court Street and continue forward, crossing the junction to the adjacent side of Whitechapel Road.
- Turn right across Whitechapel Road.
- Turn left into Turner Street (the Dental Hospital will be on your left as you turn in).
- Continue straight along Turner Street, then take the third turning on your right into Newark Street.
- You will see a large, modern, glass building with a glass linking walkway on your right hand side. This is the Blizard Institute.
- Turn left into the central area below the linking walkway. The entrance to Centre of the Cell is through the main public entrance in the building on the left hand side.
The following buses stop near Centre of the Cell:
25, 106, 205, 254, D3, 115, 15, 135
See https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/buses/ for details.
Parking is limited to a small number of metered parking spaces for cars. There is no parking for coaches, only a drop off point on Newark Street, directly in front of the Blizard Institute, the building that houses the Centre of the Cell exhibition.
- There is a cloakroom for bags and coats.
- There are many toilets, including disabled toilets.
- Lunch space will need to be requested when placing booking and we will aim to accommodate this subject to availability
- Centre of the Cell has a gift shop with a range of items priced between 30p and £16.50.
Please see our Accessibility page for further information.
Centre of the Cell
4 Newark Street