Risk Factors of Disease
These activities introduce the idea that there are certain factors, called risk factors, which can increase a person’s likelihood of developing a disease. Pupils learn how scientists use research to determine what the risk factors are for various diseases.
- KS3 Science
- KS4 Science
- SQA 5-14 Standard Environmental Studies
- SQA Access, Intermediate and Higher: Biology
- and Biology Investigation
- risks of disease
- risk factors
- lifestyle risks of disease
- healthy lifestyles
- family history
- data analysis
- making and reading graphs
- determining correlation
- designing a valid experiment
- comparing experimental methodologies
- how scientists work
- Can you identify patients’ risk of disease?
- Find the risk factors of disease
- How do scientists determine what is a risk factor?