Online Sales Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all online transactions made to Queen Mary University of London. When purchasing goods and services online from the University, please see Section II below.
Please note that if you change your mind you have the right to cancel the online transaction within a specified time limit:
- For Services: seven (7) working days from the day of agreement to proceed with the transaction, or receipt of written confirmation, whichever is the later
- For Goods: seven (7) working days from the day after receipt of the goods.
If you do wish to cancel you must inform the University in writing (by letter, fax or email). If you are cancelling goods, then these must be returned immediately to the University. Refunds will be made as soon as possible following cancellation, or within thirty (30) days at the latest.
The University may change these terms from time to time without notice. Changes will apply to any subsequent transactions with Queen Mary University of London.
These terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
Please read these terms carefully before using the online payment facility. Using the online payment facility on this website indicates that you accept these terms. If you do not accept these terms do not use this facility.
All payments are subject to the following conditions:-
- Your payment will normally reach your University account to which you are making a payment, the following working day.
- We cannot accept liability for a payment not reaching the correct University account due to you quoting an incorrect account number or incorrect personal details.
- Neither can we accept liability if payment is refused or declined by the credit/debit card supplier for any reason.
- If the card supplier declines payment, the University is under no obligation to bring this fact to your attention. You should check with your bank/credit/debit card supplier that payment has been deducted from your account.
- The data that you provide during this transaction will only be used for the purpose of recording your payment. We shall abide by the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 and ensure that the data is used for no other purposes and is disclosed to no third party.
- In no event will the University be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of this site, any websites linked to this site, or the materials or information contained at any or all such sites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Refunds, if applicable, will only be made to the debit/credit card used for the original transaction.
Sale of Goods
- In these Conditions, the Delivery Address means the address specified in the Personal details you, the Buyer, have supplied. The Collection Point means the designated site as detailed in the instructions on the University Store Web Site.
- The contract will be subject to these Conditions of Sale, to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions.
- Any date specified by the University for delivery/collection of the Goods is intended to be an estimate, and delivery will be within a reasonable time.
- If for any reason the Buyer will not accept de1ivery of the Goods when they are ready for delivery, or the University is unable to deliver the Goods on time because the Buyer has not provided appropriate instructions or the Buyer has not collected the goods from the Collection Point:-(i) risk in the Goods will pass to the Buyer
- (ii) the Goods will be deemed to have been delivered; and
- (iii) the University may store the Goods until delivery/collection, whereupon the Buyer will be liable for all related costs and expenses (including, without limitation, storage and insurance).
- The Goods are at the risk of the Buyer from the time of delivery/collection. Ownership of the Goods will not pass to the Buyer until the University has received cleared payment in full in respect of the Goods.
- Unless otherwise agreed by the University in writing, the price for the Goods will be the price as displayed on the University Store Web Site. That price is subject to the addition of all costs or charges in relation to postage, carriage and insurance; where applicable, and payment must be received in advance in all transactions.
- The Buyer will make all payments due, in advance, under the contract of sale, without any deduction.
- The University confirms that (subject to the other provisions of these Conditions) upon delivery the Goods will be of satisfactory quality within the meaning of the Sale of Goods Act 1979. The University will not be liable for a breach of this Condition unless:
- (i) the Buyer gives written notice of the defect to the University, and (if the defect is as a result of damage in transit) to the carrier, within fourteen (14) days after the time when the Buyer discovers or ought to have discovered the defect; and
- (ii) the University is given a reasonable opportunity after receiving the notice to examine the Goods, and the Buyer (if asked to do so by the University) returns the Goods to the University, at the Buyer’s cost, for the examination to take place there.
- The University will not be liable for a breach of Condition 9 if:
- (i) the Buyer makes any further use of the Goods after giving notice; or
- (ii) the defect arises because the Buyer failed to follow the University’s instructions as to the storage, installation, commissioning, use or maintenance of the Goods or (if there are none) good trade practice; or
- (iii) the Buyer alters or repairs the Goods without the consent of the University.
- Nothing in these Conditions excludes or limits the liability of the University for death or personal injury caused by the University’s negligence, or for fraudulent misrepresentation. Subject to the preceding sentence, Condition 13 constitutes the entire financial liability of the University (including any liability for the acts or omissions of its employees, agents and sub-contractors) to the Buyer in respect of:
- (i) any breach of these Conditions; and
- (ii) any representation, statement or negligent act or omission, including negligence arising under or in connection with the contract.
- All warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law (save for the conditions implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979) are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from the contract.
- Subject to Condition 11
- (i) the University’s total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation or otherwise arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of the contract will be limited to the price of the Goods; and
- (ii) the University will not be liable to the Buyer for loss of profit, loss of business or depletion of goodwill nor for any indirect or consequential liability, loss or damage which arises out of or in connection with the contract.
- The University reserves the right to defer the date of delivery/collection or to cancel the contract in the case of any strike, lockout, disorder, fire, explosion, accident or stoppage of or affecting the University’s business or work which is beyond its reasonable control and which prevents or hinders the delivery of the Goods.
- The acknowledgement of the order and these Conditions together constitute the entire agreement between the parties relating to the contract.
- Each right or remedy of the University under the contract is without prejudice to any other right or remedy of the University whether under the contract or not.
- The contract will be governed by English Law. The English Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any dispute which may arise out of or in connection with the contract.