Centre of the Cell
4 Newark Street
The nearest London Underground station is Whitechapel. We are also close to Shadwell DLR station.
Directions from Whitechapel Underground station
- Turn right after Court Street (Whitechapel Underground station entrance/exit) and continue to the crossroads where New Road meets Whitechapel Road.
- Turn left across Whitechapel Road.
- Continue straight along New Road, then take the second turning on your left into Newark Street.
- You will see a large, modern, glass and steel building with a glass linking walkway approximately 25 metres along Newark Street on the right hand side. This is the Blizard Institute.
- Turn right into the central area below the linking walkway. The entrance to Centre of the Cell is through the main public entrance in the building on the right hand side.
Parking is limited to a small number of metered parking spaces for cars. There is no parking for coaches, only a drop off point on Newark Street, directly in front of the Blizard Institute, the building that houses the Centre of the Cell exhibition.
There are no specific disabled parking spaces in the immediate vicinity.
The following buses stop near Centre of the Cell:
25, 106, 205, 254, D3, 115, 15, 135
See https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/buses/ for details.