Centre of the Cell
4 Newark Street
The nearest London Underground station is Whitechapel. We are also close to Shadwell DLR station.
Directions from Whitechapel Underground Station
- After exiting Whitechapel Underground Station, walk up Court Street and continue forward, crossing the junction to the adjacent side of Whitechapel Road.
- Turn right across Whitechapel Road.
- Turn left into Turner Street (the Dental Hospital will be on your left as you turn in).
- Continue straight along Turner Street, then take the third turning on your right into Newark Street.
- You will see a large, modern, glass building with a glass linking walkway on your right hand side. This is the Blizard Institute.
- Turn left into the central area below the linking walkway. The entrance to Centre of the Cell is through the main public entrance in the building on the left hand side.
Parking is limited to a small number of metered parking spaces for cars. There is no parking for coaches, only a drop off point on Newark Street, directly in front of the Blizard Institute, the building that houses the Centre of the Cell exhibition.
There are no specific disabled parking spaces in the immediate vicinity.
The following buses stop near Centre of the Cell:
25, 106, 205, 254, D3, 115, 15, 135
See https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/buses/ for details.